While it may be hard to imagine springtime right now when the end to the cold winter seems nowhere in sight, in reality, warmer weather is just around the corner. What does this mean? Now is the time to start planning ahead and get on top of things before the warm weather nuisances take a grip.
Preparing for Spring
There are certain steps that you can take to assist you in getting your business ready for the warmer months ahead. These are simple cleaning and maintenance tips that can help stop any problems that could lie in your future due to the toll that winter can take:
- Assess Freeze Damage – There are a lot of ways that winter temperatures may damage your facility. Cracks in the concrete or asphalt, drainage pipes, and gutters can all occur due to the freeze thaw cycle. Examine your sidewalks, parking areas, and other exterior spaces to make sure they are safe for your residents, employees, and guests. Also be sure to look over your foundation, roof, and vertical walls. Look for signs of moisture, leaks, and mold or mildew growth. Get ahead of these problems and repair them before they cause even bigger issues.
- Prepare the Landscaping – The outside of your property will take the hardest hit from winter. Plants can be damaged from snowfall, plows, and even ice preventative/clearing chemicals. It is also the first part of your building that people will take notice of. Trim away any damaged shrubs, trees, and plants. Remove piles of leaves and other lawn debris that could result in mold growth and clogged gutters. These piles can also damage gutters, window coverings, and awnings.
- Give Your Interior a Good Cleaning – Salt and snow likely took a toll on your floors and other flat surfaces. This can cause permanent damage to all types of floor surfaces including carpeting. As the weather warms up, it is the perfect time to schedule a cleaning and restoration of your floors.
- Stay Ahead of Rodents and Insects – As the weather warms up, rodents and insects are likely to come out in full swing too. Prepare ahead of time by having your building perimeter sprayed, repair any holes and gaps that they could get into, and give your building trash chutes, dumpsters, and other trash holding areas a good cleaning. Our team at Fresh Foam can take care cleaning your dirtiest areas for you so that you can focus on other aspects of your spring cleaning.
- Spruce Up the Outside – You’ve probably heard a lot about spring cleaning, so make sure your building is looking its best when people get out and about to enjoy the warm weather. Remove the dust and clean the windows on the exterior and interior of your building are great ways to make a good first impression.
The Fresh Foam Advantage
Of course, many of these jobs you can handle on your own, but some of them are best handled by a professional. At Fresh Foam, we offer services to thoroughly clean all of your trash handling and storage areas so that your facility starts of clean and smelling great this spring. Contact us now to schedule a demonstration and get a free estimate.